Thread: First post, first map

Guild Applicant

Map First post, first map

Hello! I've been a long-time lurker, no-time maker of maps. Finally decided to give it a go using Ascension's Antique-Style Map tutorial. I've never used Photoshop before beyond some minor photography editing, so a lot of this was getting used to layers, masks, layer styles, etc. Overall I'm fairly happy with the outcome given it is my first attempt. I have a lot to learn, and keep in mind that this map was generated without any specific story in mind. All names are randomly picked from a name generator, and the geography is all random and likely makes no sense in terms of realism. I am certainly open to criticism and advice, and I can't wait to get started on my next one as I had such a good time doing this one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	69518

-Matt

I like the crisp clean edges and reduced nature of the map. Good work!
    If I had to say one thing: I'd have moved the "AERILON" name up so that the "A" didn't clash with that cove.
    Interestingly Windermere and Erith are places in England. I've been to both! Windermere is stunning. Erith not so much.

Guild Applicant

I agree, the A does clash a bit with that coast line - thanks for pointing it out!