Quote Originally Posted by dorpond View Post
Holy Cow! My Daughter went to bed early tonight! That means I can spend time and check out/comment on other works of art up here! YAY!

OK,

- I love the texture of the ocean but I think there is far too much glow around the islands. I say glow because it looks like they are glowing instead of it being a shore or sandbar. It just doesn't look natural to me.
Thanks. I actually think I will be doing a bit more playing with the texture to try to get something a bit less wavy. I was thinking the same thing about the bright parts and was thinking last night after I posted about toning that down a bit my by blurring more of my mid range blue color over top of the base light blue. Isn't it funny how sometimes you like something sooo damn much, and then the more you look after the next day, you really start to think "damn, that's messed up"?

- I like the detail of your swamp - it is very crisp and clear. I think it could use some hue adjustments along with lowering the saturation a bit. I think it is a bit too colorful to be a dangerous swamp. I think it could us a bit more dirtying up but perhaps you haven't gotten to that phase yet.
Well.. it's not supposed to be a swamp... it's a marsh (2 marshes actually), which is different. I will be adding a bit more of the base water (again, light blue) color (just a tad) and a tiny bit of darkish green in some spots to kind of mix up the colors a bit more. As for hue and saturation, I have NO idea what type of effects to be aiming for with either of those technique changes, so am not sure I can hit the nail on the head (so to speak) Anyway, thanks for the comments.

- The mountains are a nice texture but I have a secret hope that you increase the height in different parts of it - just to see how well you do it now that I struggled with my mountains for way too many hours.

Heh... well.. those are nothing like my final mountains will be. They were just a quick placeholder I put in to my mind could know where the elements go to some degree. I even said so in my post. If you want to get an idea of how I will be doing the mountains (I hope you like like them!), go here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...1&postcount=22. Note that the post in the link is NOT a completed version. I only did "parts" of the mountains in the picture up right to show a comparison difference. It has been a while, so I hope I don't have to much trouble remembering how to do that style of mountains.