Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *** December 2014 challenge: Sponsored by Filter Forge***

Hey, I figured the Lite would be another chance for me to try something different... FilterForge does a BUNCH of things. Up against Bogie I won't win:-) but y'all may recall I don't much care if I formally win. I figure getting in gear and doing anything that could be accused of being a map is a win.

Considering how tough city maps are, maybe something with the Suburbia filter might be fun...

I think there is a couple days before this ends and unfortunately I was not able to find the time and energy to enter this contest. I wish that was not the case but I don't think I can whip much up in a couple days so I guess I'm going to have to miss this one. Not that I didn't want to take on the challenge of doing it but I just had a few too many other things in life this last month. I also wonder if with as many entries as we had last challenge if some folks where having to catch up on the chores they didn't get to last month? LOL
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Banned User

Anyone have any idea when this challenge will close?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

I'll add my voice to the chorus. It was an interesting challenge, and I'm sorry I didn't have the bandwidth to participate, but I'd love to start thinking about something new and different for the...February challenge? :-)
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Anyone have any idea when this challenge will close?
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Second what Chick said, any news?
    Quote Originally Posted by xpian View Post
    I'll add my voice to the chorus. It was an interesting challenge, and I'm sorry I didn't have the bandwidth to participate, but I'd love to start thinking about something new and different for the...February challenge? :-)
    Hi Guys,

We completely understand everyone's concern here and we do have a February challenge lined up. There is a particular glitch with this month's challenge that is holding things up (not at liberty to discuss it) but hopefully we will get it resolved soon. Thanks for being patient, especially those who participated in the challenge.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

Thank you for the update, Arsheesh! It's helpful to know that it's not just being ignored

So if we're waiting, do we need some on-hold music? :-) The Jeopardy theme is overused - how about map-associated music? Example - the galaxy map theme in Mass Effect is called "Uncharted Worlds" - and here's an hour-long loop of it. It actually fits my specs for mapping music - no lyrics to distract, upbeat enough not to put me to sleep.

I don't mind waiting, btw.....

Banned User

While we're waiting for whatever we're waiting for, is it possible to go ahead and post the next challenge, since you have it ready?

Sorry all, I've been away on Holiday and just returned and thought I had the voting etc lined up before I left but was wrong about that. Watch this space...further news to follow soon.

best

Ravi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234