Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** December 2014 challenge: Sponsored by Filter Forge***

I'm interested and need to go look at the pre-made filters. I have some ideas in my head of what I'm thinking I can do with this but I just don't know if I'm going to have the time this month.

Every month we have a new challenge, some of them I'm really interested in and some I'm not. The great thing is that another one will come around as soon as the voting is over. I think it's great that we have someone offering to sponsor in on one of our challenges. I don't know how much i can use FF if I where to win but to my thinking if we got one interested we might be able to start attracting other companies to help sponsor our contests. It's publicity for everyone and that seems like a good thing. The better the challenge goes the more interest there will be in future sponsors. Of course, if you look a gift horse in the mouth you get what you deserve. NOTHING
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 12-16-2014 at 12:53 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

So, I'm beginning to get a vision in my head for this but I think I'll need to download the trial version. I hate trials though because I always feel like I'll not have enough time. I tend to put off downloading in the hopes of finding this imaginary window of golden time where I will have days to just play with something. Ha, that never happens!

I hope it's not too hard to figure out because as usual I'm going to put this off until I'm under pressure.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I am considering getting involved in this challenge but one thing that makes me hesitant is that I really suck with texture-heavy maps. Which I suppose is a GOOD reason to enter. There is plenty of time for me to try and come up with something though so I'll think on what I can do.

I was just looking at the entries in this and the identical lite challenge, and couldn't help noticing that A. The lite challenge has only one contestant (Bogie) and B. This month's challenge is running later than usual for voting.

This gave me the idea that, since it is rather ridiculous having a challenge with only one entry, perhaps the two could be merged, and the Lite challenge closes at the same time as this one, and its voting included in this challenge's poll.

To avoid being unfair on Bogie, though, I think he could be one recipient of the FilterForge prize, even if his map is not the winner of the election.

What do people think of this idea?

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Thanks THW. If no one else joins the Lite challenge I am planning on moving my entry here. I am not interested in winning by default. As for who gets any prizes, I believe Ravells said that Filter Forge would be picking the winner, so that would be up to them. I would rather see the lite challenge prize be given to the runner up in a combined challenge, but again, not my choice.

Banned User

I am still awaiting final word on whether there is any rule against posting the same image in both places. I have been told No by one CL and Yes by another, and would like to hear from the Filter Forge people themselves about this.

I have read all the rules that are posted and there is no rule that says you can't enter the same map in both, BUT, there is no rule that says you can either. So it becomes an interpretation by who ever you ask. As for waiting to hear from Filter Forge, they are picking the winner, but we are running the contest, so they are unlikely to get involved in a rules issue.
    My advice would be either just enter one challenge, or enter both, but make one of the entries a little different, use a different texture, embellish one more than the other, use a different color palette, etc.

Historically, the interpretation has been that a map can't be started before a challenge is issued. The intent was to require that a new map be developed for each challenge. I'm not sure that there's been an overlap of themes like this before or that there's been this level of non-participation in a challenge, either.

Blog Entries

by all accounts this looks to have been a rather "odd" and unusual challenge

so do the normal rules even apply to such an " odd " challenge ?
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

If there is nothing against it, it's ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast