Thread: World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip World Map

I finally was able to work through the map for my D&D 4e campaign. The world has no name, no nations or cultures yet, it's pretty much a blank slate...but I really like the results so far. There's a large central ocean, ringed completely by land - I haven't decided exactly what happened, but a large planetary collision springs to mind. The eastern hemisphere is dominated by an extremely large landmass. I've done some reading on climate, weather, etc. and it seems to me that this combination of the central ocean and the large landmass means in the winter time, the ocean will spawn really nasty storms and the large continent will have a very strong monsoonal flow (similar to Asia).

I used Fractal Terrains Pro for this, following Joe Slayton's great tips and using the Terraformer Addon. I really like the results so far. Next, I'm going to pick a region to start detailing for the actual game and either buy CC3 or use Dundjinni to start filling in. More stylistic maps are likely to come out of that effort.

Anyway, without much further ado, here's "The World"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	291.2 KB 
ID:	6378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world_eastern_hemi.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	923.8 KB 
ID:	6379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world_western_hemi.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	846.9 KB 
ID:	6380