Thread: A small introduction

Default A small introduction

Figured I should just come out from the shadows and finally introduce myself.

I am an author with an interest in storytelling and fantasy/sci-fi. I play way too much video/computer games and also spend too much time making up new worlds in my head.
    Have always loved fantasy maps and have been lurking around this forum for some time and watching all of your incredible maps in awe. I work as a graphic designer and photographer and keep wishing I was better at drawing so I could make maps as fine as those I see here. But until I magically get some great "painter skills", I'll just have to keep looking at the nice work around here instead.

So keep up the good work everyone and I am glad I found this forum.

/Erika

Banned User

Hi Erika, welcome to the Guild!

Welcome to the Guild Erika. Don't worry about your "Painter Skills", jump in and have fun mapping. Skill develops with use.

Welcome to the Guild! If you think of yourself as lacking art, check out Gidde's tutorial "for the artistically challenged". Or if that set of styles doesn't toot your whistle, just dive into any of the other tutorials that do... digital cartography has the endearing property of being noncorporeal. Bits can be recycled with a backspace or delete key, and UNDO becomes your friend (if you weren't already on a first name basis. Me; I know good ol' Un so well I can tell you many of his family's birthdays and the books he likes...).