Thread: FIRST MAP - Land of Everon - Comments Welcome

Default FIRST MAP - Land of Everon - Comments Welcome

Ello,

First, I just want to say that this website is amazing and thanks to everyone for their contributions. I thought I would share my first map, which I mainly drew on resources from this website.

The map is based on a campaign for a D&Dish game I made for me and my friends. It takes place after most of human civilization is wiped out (south-middle area with the skull). Whatever humans remained from the onslaught of undead baddies made their way to the city in the center of the map where the invasion was temporarily repelled. Some humans remain outside the main city and players will learn of peculiar stories of what was needed to survive. The map itself is suppose to be drawn 125 years after the invasion. It is a world map that has very little detail in terms of where cities use to be etc, that will be the focus of regional maps. Rather than put names and titles I included pictures in areas to give adventurers a sense of known dangers, treasures or allies. I thought this would help reduce clutter and retain the intended simplicity of the 'adventurers world map.' Please let me know if there are areas of potential improvement. I am quite a noob when it comes to photoshop cs6. I feel like I can accomplish decent end results, but my route tends to be tedious. Criticism is welcomed, especially now before it gets printed.

Uploading images on this website wasn't working so here is a link: http://imgur.com/a9qEv5b

Cheers,

ArmedCanadian

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I like the style of the map. The folded and weathered paper looks very nice.

I can't help but notice that the neatline is inconsistent. It should have a pattern that starts and end with the same color (an odd numbered pattern). The example is the tutorial made by arsheesh.
    My personal blog (in Portuguese): http://georgemarques.com.br

Thanks for the feedback George, do you know if the tutorial is available for Photoshop?

Yeah this site is awesome some incredible artist who are share their talents with us rookies. You have a great start, I think your mountains are nice but seem too singular, maybe integrate a few ranges that come together. Also your patterns are a little to regularly spaced, try more clusters mixed with open or sparse areas

I see that you used 2 different sets of brushes (at least) for the mountains and multiples brushes for the trees as well. They do not fit well together since the styles are different.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone, you've provided some very good advice which I will now use for adjustments. Keep it coming!

Cheers,
    AC

I'm not getting anything on that link except a 'you've taken a wrong turn' message