Thread: First "Proper" Photoshop Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I agree with Delgo, the river is a little disconcerting, but the mountains are very good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I appreciate everyones advice, though with regards to the river, it's unchangable at this point unfortunately. It's become involved in too many stories and whatnot, so I'm going to have to explain some features as manmade with lock gates or something if that will work.

Delgond:
    I'd appreciate any help you can give me with mountains. I'm desperately trying to find a method that is easy to reproduce but that looks good. Mountains (and rolling hills) are the most difficult things I'm come across, even when I was using PSP.

Already talked about: the rivers. Already talked about: cut the apart and redirect.

Otherwise, EXCELLENT! Cool graphics.

Only other point, make the forests look a little more puffier. Add some lighting effects to get more shading on the trees. Raise the beveling, or perhaps use a different brush?

Otherwise, still, Excellent!

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."