So this is a map that's very special to me. I've been essentially working on the world for years, and it's gone through so many iterations that I've lost count. I have many different maps, computer files, google docs and notebooks filled with info that's been added and subtracted over the years. I always get to a place I like, then find some glaring mistake and scrap it and start again. I might share some of my scrapped maps later, but this is the first time I've made it to a point where I'm happy enough with my world to share it.

The continent is called Crecia, the world is Midna. There's a mythology behind it that I won't get into yet, but for the map, this is the beginning of history as the world knows it, so there won't be many labels and I plan to update it with the history as it progresses. The world is going through a pseudo ice age. There are many species that I'll update with once I've gotten far enough with the map.

In the map I've essentially finished the drawing mountains, all by hand, and I've started on adding the forests. The red line is the placeholder for the equator, and I planned this to be about the size of Eurasia with some Africa thrown in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c9yt1gD.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	69794