Thread: September Entry: Tir na Mor Rioghna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The mountain brushes I used are posted somewhere on this site, going along with a very sexy layer style that comes as part of the pack. I recall I changed the color of the mountains to match the landscape, and then put another layer on top with the mountains again in white. If that makes sense. Here are two pics along the way to show how it's going.

The symbols are bugging me. Does anyone know of any shapes, brushes, or clip art that had towns, castles, or other medieval objects of note. What I am specifically looking for is icons for standing stone. You know, Dolmens, Cromlechs, that sort of thing. Hell, I would even settle for a Cruach.

Here the nice India Ink map, which is sort of a diversion.

And that settles it that I will NOT be putting the India Ink filter on the final product. Here it is the ever-popular sun faded filter run over everything.

If anyone is curious the flag is the standard of Tir no Mor Rioghna, and the three shields are the symbols of the three major clans that make up the country. I'm going to write in little capsule entries for each of them soon.