Thread: Cell walls

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Help Cell walls

I'm in the process of trying to add a slave cell to a dungeon. Typically I used this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prison_door2_sc.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	77862 for all my cells.

This time though I decided I wanted to try something different and have been using a bits of a cage I found from Bogie, to build this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	77863

It doesn't look right, like at all. So I'm thinking of just doing a thin wall, but I have no idea how to simulate bars from a top down perspective that looks like you are looking through them into the cell. Keep in mind this is an underground location so there is no natural lighting at all. Any pointers?
    Last edited by NathanC; 12-02-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: additional information

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, your walls are top down as are the doors, so i would put the bars in the same way. One thing to think about is that in architectural floor plans the walls are drawn as seen from a approximate height of 3 feet from the floor, showing the components and structure of that wall as a cutaway sort of thing. I would do the cages using that method showing the cross bars completely, while the vertical bars are shown as steel circles that are passed through holes in those cross bars.

Not sure if that is clear or not....I will try to whip up something that shows what I mean if you need it...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent