Thread: I Wanna-Be Digital

Guild Applicant

Default I Wanna-Be Digital

Hi to everyone, I'm so glad I found you! I'm a wanna-be digital mapmaker...of sorts. I'm interested in town/city/region mapping and sharing ideas for software and corrections that can be made to digital antique reproductions (really old copyright-free or more modern images with permission or license). My goal is to integrate printed digital images of parts of my creations into different physical things like artwork, prints, and mixed-media. Basically, I want to become my own map designer, connect and share knowledge with others who are seeking their own digital treasures, and maps are one of my big themes in terms of creative interest.

Part of my interest in being here (versus, say, just a regular digital design forum), is that there is something unique and special about mapmakers and a cool story to observe about the way that folks choose to, "map their worlds," or "map their lives."

I'm a jack of all trades and master of none in the digital editing world. I've focused on photos to date and am having a really hard time figuring out how to get the most basic of the mid-1800's maps I own into a digital format where I can play with it, restore creases/folds, adjust, crop, etc.

Banned User

Hi BKgamegirl, welcome to the Guild!