Thread: Hello!!

Guild Novice

Default Hello!!

Hi, everyone! Please to meet you guys. I'm Lucas and I'm from Brazil so, before anything else, I apologize for my possible terrible English. kkkkk

So, I'm amateur in that matter, but I have a lot of interest on it and I'm very excited to learn how to create amazing and beautiful maps like the ones I found here.

P.S.: Again, sorry for the bad English.

Welcome to the Guild!!! Don't worry about your English it seems totally fine, I've been speaking English all my life and I still think I stink at it...

What types of maps are you interested in creating?

Banned User

Hello Lucas, welcome to the Guild

Guild Novice

Hi, Domino44 and chick, thank you guys ^^

I'm interested in create artistic maps, as the ones that seems hand drawn. You know.
    But I have no knowledge about creating maps, so I had read the quickstart tutorial and downloaded Gimp (I don't have PS).
    I gonna try making a map following this tutorial: [Award Winner] Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map

Edit: Please, if I speak wrong or something like that, correct me. I'm also trying to improve my English.
    Last edited by NoctLuks; 12-25-2014 at 10:28 PM.

That is a great way to start! If you post a WIP thread on this forum I and as well as a few others would love to give you some suggestions!

Guild Novice

I was going to (I don't know if this tense exists kkk) opt for Gimp, but I stayed with Photoshop at the end... I found lots and lots of tutorials for PS. Then I downloaded the CS6 and I'm following this other tuto: Ascension's Atlas Style Tutorial - Revised Presentation + Actions

Btw, I hope to post my WIP soon, my first map =DD