Thread: Rothgannar - Fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Rothgannar - Fantasy map commission

Hi everyone,

I had the chance to turn into Santa Claus lately for this private commission. The map was intended to be printed, framed and offered as a christmas gift . It's done in Photoshop and its original size is 18x24".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rothgannar finalsmall.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	69864

© M.PLASSE 2014 - All rights reserved.

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away...or whatever else

Cool. I love the overall map. As often, i'd wish for a higher resolution.
    The mountains are not the classical Max style (or just a new one?) but not bad.

Is that world a rpg world? Or how is it a christmas gift? If you're allowed to share
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Rothgannar looks amazingly like the United States. Coincidence?

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmode View Post
    Strange, isn't it, how the eye will pick up on one or two small aspects of something, and suddenly the brain is determined to make it look familiar.

Great map! I love the sea and those excellent city icons. The land is just a bit too monolithic to my taste (yeah, I found one critic ).

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Cool. I love the overall map. As often, i'd wish for a higher resolution.
    The mountains are not the classical Max style (or just a new one?) but not bad. Is that world a rpg world? Or how is it a christmas gift? If you're allowed to share
    Thanks Eilathen ! I already used those mountains on a few maps ( at least Chypre for Tenebrae RPG and Saryndiil if I recall good). My client's wife is working on a novel project and the client wanted to have a map of her world done, as a christmas gift

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Strange, isn't it, how the eye will pick up on one or two small aspects of something, and suddenly the brain is determined to make it look familiar.
    Some people tend to look for something familiar in shapes on fantasy maps, yes. Sometimes, things are familiar for some obvious reason, sometimes not. Here, there's no coincidence at all about the similarity with the United States. As far as I've understood, the world is inspired by some kind of archaic/fantasy north america.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! I love the sea and those excellent city icons. The land is just a bit too monolithic to my taste (yeah, I found one critic ).
    Thanks Ilanthar ! Yep the landmass is a bit monolithic indeed (see the reason below )

Great. I've been gone for months now and I come back to find that I still can't rep you! I'll be back, I've got to hit up some other folks first.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh