Thread: First Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default First Map

Well, it's been several weeks since I finished this map, and I thought I ought to get around to posting it. So yeah, here it is.

As the title suggests, this is my first map here. I've frequented these forums for quite a while now, but I finally decided to get around to making a map when my cousin's birthday started approaching. He runs RPGs with his friends, and I thought a good idea for a birthday present would be making a map of the world it's set in. He sent me a few sketches, and I knew a fair bit about the world already, but for the most part the appearance of the map was down to me. As my first map, I was pretty unsure about what the final result would look like, but I'm really pleased with how it came out. So without further ado, here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Composite Map (5400x2700).jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	70043

Your map looks great!! good job

Banned User

Very nice first map post, I'll look forward to seeing more of your work!

Kia Ora Cookierobber. Congrats on the completion of your first map, it turned out great. I'm sure your cousin will be very pleased with it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

As I said in your wip thread, I think you achieved a good atlas style, simple yet clean and pleasant.
    I would say that perhaps the seas denote a too strong “clouds” or "difference clouds" effect or similar.
    For your next maps, I would use o rework some textures or other kind of colouring for water.
    Political boundaries are clean even if some are in daring colours. Since this is a mixed geographical political map I also would have added at least some cities.
    “Pootslavia” name stands out more than that of other nations: although this could be a deliberate choice, I find the result is a bit inconsistent.
    For the next maps you will also want to add something more: a frame, a compass, a bit of heraldry.
    Overall, congratulation for your first really good map: I hope to see more from you soon.