Thread: Dec/Jan 2015 Lite Challenge: FilterForge D&D Dungeon.

Wip Dec/Jan 2015 Lite Challenge: FilterForge D&D Dungeon.

Entering this map in the Lite Challenge, hoping to get more interest going. I know it is tough during the Holidays, but hopefully others will jump in.

This dungeon is Level one of an old 1st ed AD&D module called PALACE OF THE SILVER PRINCESS. I am re-making the maps for a friend who wants to play this game on a VTT. So I cannot take credit for the floor plan, only for creating this high resolution, full scale map based on the graph paper drawing that came with the adventure.

I still have to add a lot, doors, objects pits etc. but the basic layout is almost done.

Since this is a Filter Forge sponsored contest, I all the tiles I used were downloaded from their site. All of them were then modified with photoshop to be useable in Dundjinni.

Here are the original FilterForge tiles that I started with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-Granite11344.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	69890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-Brick12137.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	69891 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-Sand11666-v6.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	69893 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-Water4141.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	69894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-Water-Swamp10934-v3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	69895 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF-rock8890-v1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	69897

Here is the map as it is so far:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	FilterForge-Dungeon1a_bg.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	4.11 MB 
ID:	69896
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-29-2014 at 01:01 AM.

OK, so I am reposting the map so the Thumbnail Picker will get the map and not just one of the textures.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	FilterForge-Dungeon1a_bg.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.11 MB 
ID:	69898

Pretty cool Bogie. I almost feel like you should have the shadow running around all the walls instead of like a sideways light source. In other words cause it to look sunken. I think Torstan had a tutorial way back about a dragon lair that gave some nice pointers on making dungeon walls work in the top down view.

Either way, it's got a nice looking texture to the flooring which is what you need for the contest and so far you are kicking butt and taking names.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax. Glad you like it.
    Since I am using DundJinni to make the map, the only control I have over the shadows is on or off. It is one of the shortcomings of DJ. If I were making it in Photoshop, then top down wall shadows would be much easier. In the past I have made the shadows in Photoshop and imported them into DJ, but it is a time consuming process, this map is to large ( it is 3 DundJinni Workscreens ) and I am in the middle of something else. So, I am going to live with what the program can do.
    I am not interested in winning by default, so if no one else joins this challenge by the end of the week, I am going to close this thread and move my map to the regular gold compass challenge.

well, if you weren't busy with other stuff you could import into ps and hand paint the shadows i guess. still, cool as it is.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I finished the map. I decided to go with floorplan and doors but without any objects or covers. Keep it simple, highlite the textures.

The whole map is so big that at the full size and 100 dpi resolution I normally use it came out to 12 MB. I had to cut it back to a 50 dpi and save as a lower quality jpg than I normally use. I hope it is still ok.

There are a couple rooms that don't have doors. They do, but they are secret doors.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	FilterForge-Dungeon-SP#1a_bg.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	70087