Thread: Israh Tutorial Problems

Default Israh Tutorial Problems

Greetings everyone. I am working through various tutorials to get a feel for FT3 and just started the one for Israh. The problem for me is right out of the gate with incising. IIRC, there was a change in the order of the inputs (FT: Blur/Amount/Flow/Effect to FT3: Amount/Flow/Effect/Blur). But when I correct for this, my maps get nuked (the land mass gets leveled) with the first "8 / 1 / 0.5 / 1" incise. Clearly I am doing something wrong, so any insights would be appreciated. Are these input numbers correct? The tutorial looks great and really want to learn this approach to tiered incising.

Thank much!

Mark

Banned User

Hi Mark, welcome to the Guild!

Thanks Chick! I'm super stoked to have found this place. This is the first of may questions

And looks like I posted my first post in the wrong forum. Opps. Can the powers at be swing it over to General. Sorry bout dat.
    Last edited by Tyndale; 01-02-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Guild Artisan

Forget the first § this is just an explanation what the parameters do.
    The numbers are consistent with the order Amount/Flow/Effect/Blur.

Now an amount of 8 is pretty sledgehammering indeed and you see the effect in the tutorial too - the mountains all but disappear and new lakes appear.
    Perhaps your continents are not high enough - check the altitudes before applying incise.

But otherwise you do nothing wrong, it works as intended - he wants to "nuke" most of the high altitudes. Just go on with the tutorial.

Thanks Deadshade! Will give it another go.

m