Thread: Fantasy map

Map Fantasy map

This is a map i made a few weeks ago, it is for a game of d&d with my friends. try to ignore the very unrealistic rivers (i made them like that to try make it more interesting) what's your guys opinion of it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map 1 plain (blue).jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	70078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map 1 towns (paper).jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	70079

My opinion... depends on what you aim for? If you aim for map-of-the-year, then I would say there are many things you need to improve.

Just to mention some:

• The background "paper" texture is of very low resolution. You can easily google better quality textures.
    • The coastline is obviously sliced out with a round brush and doesn't look realistic.
    • Mountains are better, but it seems to have two different pencil shadings. But that is a minor flaw compared to the rest.
    • Rivers... I try to ignore them... try!
    • Icons look good. but too transparent imo.

How much time did you spend on the map?

And last, what I wrote above is my personal opinion and doesn't need to be true in any way! If you think the map is awesome, then it's awesome!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

this was something i did quite quickly (quick compared to the time it takes to make most maps). yeh the paper was something I added quickly from a request from a friend, yeh don't get me started on the rivers I dislike them myself but where required for certain reasons. it is quite hard to see the icons, ill change that in future ones.this map was just something new I made for a friend and I didn't put much time into it and why it looks quite unrealistic. Thank-you for your feedback