Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pen, Paper and Photoshop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Drawing tablets are worth their weight in gold and should be valued as such.
    I was curious and checked how much an equivalent mass of gold would cost.

A Wacom CTH480 tablet masses 310 g and gold in the form of Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coins costs 49.28 CAD/g. So that's 15,276.80 CAD. The price at a major electronics retailer is 109.99 CAD.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Silly goose.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

An empirical demonstration of the difference between cost and value.

Regarding that Trust tablet, at only $35 you don't really need to replace the nib. It's cheaper to replace the entire tablet! Kind of like buying inkjet printer ink. Sometimes it's more cost-effective to just go ahead and buy a new printer for the ink that comes with it.

Not a terribly eco-friendly approach, of course.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

That's what I was referring to when I said Im too poor to buy cheap things...Wait, I did say that right? Yee, I did. I am looking into buying the pad chick suggested, that is Turcom Tursion 10x6in
    A map must contain the following four elements: Title, Author, Scale and Orientation. It should also contain these two elements: Date and Legend. Without these, it's just a piece of paper with something on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12