Thread: Need mythological/fantasy map done for book

Post Need mythological/fantasy map done for book

Hello, We've finished the manuscript for our book, a retelling of a Lao Epic Myth, and someone recommended that we include a map that shows all the details of the world and the quest path followed by the hero/bodhisattva, Sinxay.

We've created a website: sinxay.com that has a long summary, plus there is additional information on wikipedia under the entry of "Sinxay."

We would like the map in color, and as detailed as possible. The map could either be displayed on one 8x10 page or could be a double spread across two pages. We would own the copyright because we would want to use the map however we want, we might even include it in the wikipedia entry under Sinxay. The map would also somehow show the sequence of the quest the protagonist follows. The story originates out of a Theravda Buddhist country (Laos) and the characters are either fictional or represent mythological characters from the Himaphan forest (a legendary forest which surrounds the base of Mount Meru in Buddhist mythology, home of an assortment of mythical creatures, such as the naga, the kinnara and the garuda. All these are characters in the story of Sinxay.

I can provide a crude map and list of scenes, graphics show various illustrations of scenes that are being used in our book, etc.

For a great map we would pay up to $500, maybe more, it depends on the illustrator and seeing their portfolio, etc.

Thanks, Peter

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hi Peter! I'm interested in this. You can't receive PM's on this forum until you have made 5 posts, so I'll just ask you to take a look at my portfolio in the link in my signature, and if you like my work, e-mail me at the adress you'll find there so we can talk more
    Cheers!

Hello Peter,

After reading the summery I also want to show my interest in this commission. Seems like a very intriguing story. To second Lingon, you can see my portfolio in my website linked below, and from there contact me if you are interested in my work.

Regards,
    KV

Hi Peterlaos.

I'd also like to add express my interest in making a map and/or collaborating in the creation of a map. I haven't got an individual website yet, but you can view examples of my work here on the Cartographers' Guild (follow the link/s in my signature). If interested, send me a private message on CG (when you have enough posts), or write something in this thread. I can also provide my email address, if you want it.

THW (George)

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi,

I am half Lao half Viet and can relate to the cultural elements of your book and would be very interested in creating your map.
    Please check my portfolio:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...p?albumid=3454