Thread: KLazius the Frozen Death

Wip KLazius the Frozen Death

Making a frost world for an Upcoming Dnd adventure and looking for advice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klazious.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	70794

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected CaptainJohnHawk's Avatar

The layout looks good so far. I would recommend working in a much higher resolution as your coastlines come across very pixelated.
    The colors work very well. I am not quite sure the difference between the different coloration of ice.

I think sticking to a cool color palette, with lots of blues for icons, and maybe a soft purple for text. As far as roads go, I think some sort of "polished" ice look would serve well. I guess it all depends on how frozen this world is (I am assuming they are living on nothing but ice).

Things to ask yourself
    What kind of structures would they build here?
    Are there any forests?
    How scarce are resources, and are there any flourishing settlements and cities, or is the land barely surviving and has several villages and tiny encampments.

i am thinking its so cold that most of the planet is covered in glaciers with only a strip along the equator is habitable by human's. thinking viking culture for flavor. this is for my spelljamming campaign so although party will only be here for one adventure i want to keep the world open ended for future use.

give you an idea of whats what

Name:	klazious2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	70795

Name:	klazious3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	70805

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Coming along. Good coastline shapes, nice and squiggly. Though CaptainJohnHawke is right, they are a bit pixelated. What program are you working in?

With oceans full of ice floes, sea-going ships would be very risky, and that risk would be minimized by picking short crossings between the western and eastern continents. So perhaps there ought to be settlements on each side of that narrow sound between the two continents, with the island next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
    Coming along. Good coastline shapes, nice and squiggly. Though CaptainJohnHawke is right, they are a bit pixelated. What program are you working in?

With oceans full of ice floes, sea-going ships would be very risky, and that risk would be minimized by picking short crossings between the western and eastern continents. So perhaps there ought to be settlements on each side of that narrow sound between the two continents, with the island next to it?
    i really like that idea. im using photoshop

Bit of a redraw

Name:	klazious3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	70948

Name:	klazious2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	70955