Hello, everyone! My name is Andrei and, after writing a clockpunk novel, I've started a publishing business with my girlfriend that we would like to develop into something big. I deem it necessary to mention that we are Romanian and, sadly, this particular industry suffers greatly quality-wise in our country; so it's not that my book has been rejected by other publishing houses, it's about making a change in everything related to the local literature. We do not have a big budget, and we are hoping to publish five books by the end of February, so any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't mean we aren't willing to pay for a good map, it means you would really help a worthy cultural cause if you'd do it for free. Many thanks in advance!

Project:
Anotimpul pumnalelor (The Season of Daggers)
The novel is about complicated plots, intrigue and assassinations. It's the first of (what I'd like it to be) a series of novels and we expect to have it on shelves, as I said, by the end of February.

Setting:
This is rather tricky to explain (and do) as there should be a 2-in-1 map. The novel's setting is a Renaissance-meets-instrustrial one: on ground level there are four large islands and other several small ones, but above them rise two immense bridges that connect at the imperial palace and that incorporate neighborhoods of their own in the form of connected islands. The scenery above is almost heavenly, with beautiful mansions, orchards, castles that serve as ministries and labs and the vegetation is abundant, whereas in the islands underneath there are factories, mils, shipyards and ports, and the pollution is heavy.

Design Concept:
The map(s) should contain elements of clockpunk, like cogs and crystals as symbols for the important buildings, but also have a dark fantasy feel to it, and reveal the points of interest mentioned in the book. Further details will be given via e-mail if you would like to get involved in this project.

Number of maps:
One or two, depending on how you imagine the overall design. One, I think, could contain all the locations mentioned above, but it's up to the cartographer really.

Technical:
300 dpi minimum. Png file. Black & white.

Copyright:
Remains with cartographer.
Publisher retains right to reproduce the map in the novel, promo materials and future related novels from the series (if any).

Deadline:
February 8th.

Payment:
Negotiable.

Serban Andrei Mazilu: andrei.mazilu@ymail.com