Thread: A hello and a thank you

Default A hello and a thank you

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks, soaking up the discussions, and I decided I should get over my shyness and introduce myself.

Sadly I don't have any exciting game or story that I'm working on to tell you about. I'm here because I've always loved fantasy literature and the maps that come with it. Many times these maps are in black & white and I always had a hankering to colour them (not to put online, just for my own fun.) Although I have basic PS/GIMP knowledge, I'm a long way from the skill level I see around here. So that's where my 'thank you' comes in...

There are so many great tutorials that a relative newbie like me can follow, and they let me produce something that looks moderately decent by my humble standards. I firmly believe that practice makes, if not exactly perfect, then better at least. I hope to learn and improve, and you guys are helping me tremendously. So thank you to everyone who has freely shared their time and their knowledge. It's hugely appreciated.

Finally, I'm in AWE of some of the work that gets posted here. There's an incredible level of talent and it leaves me drooling (and a little jealous LOL!) I started colouring other people's maps, and now I'm tentatively creating my own. Maybe one of these years I'll make something that I feel confident enough to share with you!

Banned User

Hello, ChickPea! Welcome to the Guild!

If you love fantasy literature and the maps that come with it, you'll be right at home here! I do hope you try some of the simple tutorials and post a map to share with us. I think you'll find we're both good at critique, and gentle about it

Thanks for the welcome, Chick (I feel like we must be distantly related )

I hope sometime soon I'll have something nice enough to share. We'll see ...