Thread: Kingdom of Havran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

arakish, you could post the larger version here, just need to make sure it falls within the size limitations of the uploads (which for most types is around 4MB), and from what I saw on your site the full scale map is well within the limits.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Biggest problem with this type of mapping system is that most of what appears to be river courses gets covered over by what appears to be ocean, sea, and coastal waters. Currently, I am drawing in the rivers that are on the land parts and is proving to be a headache. Look at the terrain and you can see where the rivers run.

But wouldn't you like to see the rivers instead of imagining them?

I would love some pointers on software (preferably free) that can find these river runs and draw them for me. I have been experimenting with height field plainers, but they ain't working too good.

With either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (psd & psp, respectively) I can easily draw in roads, cities, towns, et. al.

Anyone know of anything that can analyze terrains and draw rivers?

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."