Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 2015 Timed Challenge: Roll for the Realm.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Yeah. You're right.

Sometimes that can work, sometimes not. This time it doesnt. Guess I will see if I can find some replacements.

I decided to take the graphics out and replace them with the excellent ones in StarRavens brush set off the deviant art site. These seem to work better together, although the buildings are a bit fuzzy. Mostly I have been working out the game part and not the background so I am not confident this will get finished in time.

Right now the game will go something like this: you start at the right box. You roll 5 dice. You can roll the dice up to three times, yahtzee style, but you always have to keep any sixes you roll. The first "1" you roll can be used to purchase a Hero. There will be 6 heroes and each will in tern give you an extra die to roll and a special ability. Once you have stopped rolling to record the results by adding to your troops, arms and supply. Some times you will need to use supply to move to the next box. When you roll a skull, you have to roll on a separate table (yet to be created) to see what Bad Thing happens. This will be things like losing troops or having the enemy army at the far left of the map advance on the castle. Once you have moved through all the boxes to the end of the track you have one final battle with the enemy army using all your armed troops (each trooper must be armed) and your heroes.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roll3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	70450  
    Last edited by timallen; 01-28-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Banned User

Those buildings look much better to my eye

I am making progress! Amongst other things, I did some slight resizing so now it should print out onto two 11x17 sheets that can be put end-to-end. I may even be able to finish this...at least the graphical part. Getting the rules all down may be harder to do.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	roll4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	454.9 KB 
ID:	70478  

I got more work done. I think the graphics are almost finished. Now its down to finalizing the rules. I used CC3 character creator for the faces, since I have no real talent in drawing and making up those faces from scratch would have taken me weeks of trial and error. The character faces were then ported into photoshop and filtered. They still are not that great, but they will do.

Name:	roll7.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	70511  

This is awesome...I'm so gonna try this game out...though i'll probably try to find a way to make it a drinking game
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

I am calling this done. Now, I just need to find a dozen dice to play it.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	roll7final1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	70516  

This turned out quite nice, and the game looks fun to boot! A great entry.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12