Thread: First map of Primesthor !

Wip First map of Primesthor !

Hi everyone !

I am pleased to present my first fantastic map, made with photoshop. As you can imagine, I followed almost to the letter a tutorial found here, but my last problem is all that is '' style ''. Edge of the map, compass or the small box where we put the title, I have no idea how to do it! If you ever have good tutorials to offer me, or ways of doing things, I will be very happy! Otherwise I'll end up finding good hehe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carte de test 1 - vieux.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	70427

Thanks for comments !

Banned User

That's a very nice map for a first post! Have some rep

I love the fractal coastline, the nice texturing, good river shape and placement (more longer rivers will come), and fine labeling.

You might check out how to do the Blending Option Outer Glow and put a little glow on the labels to help set them off from the background and make them easier to read.

Be a little careful of just randomly placing mountains around the world. Mountains exist in mostly linear ranges.

When you create a map, plan ahead and leave regions of the map open for a title, legend, and etc. If necessary, make the map itself smaller in the box, so that some empty space exists. The only other option is to have an add-on panel on the side of the map itself to hold legend stuff.

Overall, a really fine job! I'll look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you very much. I will change a little bit my map, and apply your advice. Thank you again!

OK I made some modification to my map. First, I added the little glow behind my labeld, erased some moutains and I added the title / legend / etc etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carte de test 1 - vieux.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	70460

So, what do you think ?

Banned User

Beautiful title box and title!

I would expand the glow slightly and soften it. Play around with the controls until the letters are very clear but the glow is unobtrusive. And make it the same on all labels

This is coming along nicely!

I must know what tutorial you followed to make this brilliant design! I love it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is it a "Dongeon of nahulbek" Rpg map?