Thread: Illustrator Script and Scaling Question

Question Illustrator Script and Scaling Question

So I downloaded and used the script from Myth-Weavers http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=274800 here and set the scale to 36 yet when it loads on the image, it measures out larger than what I specified in the script. I followed all the "pixel perfect" tips and reset the settings to pixels rather than points. Is there something that I am missing?

I am not exatly sure hat you mean but you can never compare points and pixels exactly. Are you going to use the map for print or screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    I am not exatly sure hat you mean but you can never compare points and pixels exactly. Are you going to use the map for print or screen?
    Screen. That's the issue: the points and pixels don't match up. I kept playing with the script and landed at 21 points to get 36 pixels. I didn't realize that pixels and points don't line up. I was having a hard time calculating how many hexes I needed to hit the 25, 344 mile width. I was hoping to just count the hexes across when I dialed in the points to pixel problem. As usual, I way overthink things and want hyper accuracy when its not needed. LOL!