Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
Sketchbook Pro has some of the key features of mapmaking--multiple layers and brush settings--coupled with the versatility of the touchscreen. It lacks the ability to add custom brushes, which is a very valuable part of photoshop, however. The biggest problem with mapping on a mobile device, in my opinion (I have also tried Sketchbook Pro) is that fingers and styli are not fine enough for the necessary details (filesize and computer processin are probably also issues, I suppose). That might be one reason you don't see it appear much here. The other is that many people have graphics tablets and find that good enough.

I definitely think mobile drawing apps could be hugely useful mapping tools in the future. As I said before, it would be good to see some of your work, if you have any? I'd be incredibly interested in seeing what you can do with Sketchbook Pro. It might be that the Guilders are just waiting for someone to demonstrate the potential of the technology, and that someone could be you.

THW
Thanks for the tips and thanks to everyone else as well.

I'm actually using Sketchbook Pro on my computer with a Wacom tablet. I wasn't even aware that it had a mobile version haha

I like the program a lot, but I find myself often limited compared to what I see in other people's maps. To be honest though, it may be more of a skill limitation than a software limitation.

I'm currently working on a map using a combination of CC3 (for the actual map) and Sketchbook Pro (for artsy map nuances and some shading).

Once I finish it I'll upload it for some feedback