Thread: Requesting help from the best

Help Requesting help from the best

Hello all,

I have recently become very interested in Dungeons and Dragons. After play several times, and seeing the amazing maps, and stories that my DMs have created I have been inspired to begin writing my own campaign. The only problem is, my drawing skills are pretty bad. I already have a general outline of the map, I just cant seem to figure out the finer details, and making the map look nice. Please, if any of you amzing cartographers can help me I would be greatly appreciative.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Hey M3rynsans,

and welcome to cartographers guild! It's not quite clear what you are looking for. Either you want some tips to get better drawing your own maps for free (which is exactly what this forum is about) or you want to commission someone making a map for you (in this case, this post area is correct). I assume, you want the second thing. The problem is: Drawing up maps is usually a lot of work and usually 'the best' rarely work unpaid. Sorry to say this, but the chances finding someone for this are not that high. :/

Cheers, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

thanks steffen! in that case, could you possibly recomend some ways for me to get better at drawing maps?

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Of cause, there is a whole sub-section dedicated to tutorials and helpful advice: Look here =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

thank you so much!