Thread: Carramvek Gaol

Default Carramvek Gaol

Carramvek was an insignificant town until the nearby City of Argot was shattered by an earthquake and... other things. Looting and treasure hunting has been declared illegal by the Duke but it hasn't stopped people coming here. The gaol is mainly full of brigands, would-be treasure hunters, and other undesirables. This is because most of those who go to Argot don't actually come back. Old Argot fine vintages are currently amongst the most desirable of recovered goods - they say the city wine cellars were packed full when disaster struck! I mean silver is easy to come by and doesn't change in character but a fine wine - well that is another matter entirely!

The House of Rotten Grapes (a previous map) is also found in Carramvek.

I intend to map Carramvek (in my usual style) and eventually the ruins of Argot (in isometric style). But I'm just focusing on some local buildings for the time being. This still being a WiP of course and hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow. No initial sketch - I'll do that after the fact this time.

Part of my inspiration was Hexham Old Gaol. It had this big basement cell accessed only by a trapdoor they threw people in. And there was no ladder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carramvekgaol_wip1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	70583  

A bit more progress - need to add a sketch next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carramvekgaol_wip1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	70672  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Looks great Larb. I really like the "spaghetti" walls. It's a nice artistic touch.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

That texture was made by Steffan. I just really like it.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.