Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan / Feb 2015 Lite Challenge: Space Treasure

Default Jan / Feb 2015 Lite Challenge: Space Treasure

So this isn't necessarily an Island version of a treasure map. This is a map partly inspired by the amazing movie Treasure Planet, but also influenced by Guardians of the Galaxy (I was listening to the soundtrack as I was working on this).

I know that there isn't that much time left on this challenge but hopefully I can get it done in time.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pirate universe .jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	70622

Cool!! Space Pirates!!! Nice start!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh ...

Space Pirate Ninja Zombies???

I can has???

Pleeeeaaaaaase???

Kind regards,
    Kai
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free miniature skirmsh game rules and supplements

Banned User

Awesome picture! Hope you can turn this into something really cool!

Thanks Bogie! I'm glad your okay with the liberties I took with this challenge.

Schattentanz, I don't know if I can pull of the Ninja Zombies but I can give you Space Pirates!

I hope I can make this cool too Chick.

I did a bit more work and decided that the 'Treasure' would be the discovery of "The Diamond Planet"...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Pirate universe2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	70652

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I don't know if I can pull of the Ninja Zombies but I can give you Space Pirates!
    What about cloud dragons, then?

Nice work Domino. Definitely get bonus points for originality.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Thanks THW! Bonus points are always awesome!

I am planning on writing a backstory to this map but in the meantime here is an update.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Pirate universe3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	960.2 KB 
ID:	70710

Awesome Domino! I really like how you did the "Cetus Nebula", so beautiful. What are those small blue "mouth looking" things where the flying stones are?
    (Just realized how horribly I lack knowledge in spaceterminology. I mean I just wrote "spaceterminology", Christ ... )

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Thanks Tainotim! The small "mouth looking" looking things are portals to make it possible for travel through the astroid belt (the flying stones). Space terminology can be a bit difficult at times, things still go over my head all the time

Back story:

In the year 2,576 the Earth no longer had the resources to sustain it's population. Earth's leaders seeking an easy fix gathered a large portion of their criminals and a small amount of "Volunteers" and shipped them off into space. "The Colony" experiment was deemed a disaster when the criminal crew rose up to mutiny killing most of the engineers, scientist, and communication experts. There was a great deal of destruction during the shift of power during which communication with earth was severed forever. Many crime lords rose into power during this time but the most significant were Zavij Sole, Rigel Gore, and Nicholas Nightly. The Colony stumbled upon the Raddare system discovering a livable planet which was named New Terra. The followers of Zavij left the ship and settled on New Terra, while Gore and her crew continued their lives on The Colony. Nightly's story has been pieced together by rumors, speculation, and myth. Most think that he and his band died after leaving The Colony, some however believe that he settled onto the furthest planet in the Raddare system, Oneiro. Among his followers were the last of the surviving scientist and engineers, which encouraged some speculations that they were able to create a livable environment. The even more elaborate stories claim that there they discovered a treasure more grand than a hundred worlds.

Presently:

New Terra has grown into a powerhouse society ruled by politics and fear. They have also placed extensive space travel restrictions, any ships that fly throughout the Raddare system space without government permission are deemed outlaws and pirates.

The Colony ship is old and falling apart. The people that live there are known to be the ruff and dangerous sort.

The Eden space station was built by the New Terra government and is used as a military base as well as a popular vacation spot for the most wealthy New Terraians. It is especially popular at this time since there will be a New Terra eclipse that can be seen from the Eden space station.

The planet Oneiro is at the closest it will be for over 75 years due to it's strange orbital rotation.

Story:

When Captain Mira Glimyr and her crew of New Terra outlaws began to unload their newly "Liberated" goods onto a forgotten landing dock on The Colony ship a muffled com sparked out of a nearby old communication device. "To whom it may concern, I will give you a journey that your heart will yearn. To gain control of a treasure your travels will be full of the greatest endeavor. Learn to follow the path starting at the place that the corrupt take their blood bath."

On Oneiro a man stumbles along a passageway of a once thriving livable city, The Shaft. After so many years alone and forgotten madness crept and infected his thoughts. The madness seeps into his actions and ways and begins sending a massage to perhaps end his misery.

### Latest WIP ##

Name:	Pirate universe4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	70815
    Last edited by Domino44; 02-12-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Fun map and good job on the nebula! Your "cetus" is pretty scary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast