Well, I've long stalked these forums and marvelled at the maps created by the members. Since I discovered this forum, I've long hoped to put something up. And now I have:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluw Island.15.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	70679
I made this a while ago actually (29/06/14 says the file) and recently remebered about it due to restarting some map work (when I should probably be focusing on exams). It's not complex or anything but I'm actually quite pleased with the result. It looks kinda proffesional, in a neat sense. The map is based on a small portion from my much much larger maps which I'll probably never get to this stage, though after a bit of recent work half of it looks okay, so maybe one day I might call in for advice with that. So the map is basically a Political and Height map, colours also vaguely representative of a colder climate
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluw Island.25.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	70680
This was made just using one of the effects on Paint.Net that I liked and thought added a much more realistc edge to the coasts and land formations, definetly not anything complicated which if I'd planned would've taken yet more hours.

Hand pencil drawing scanned into Paint.NET.

I welcome any suggestions, advice, commencts, whatever.

Uhm excuse quality, I shrunk the original images down a lot already, should i shrink them down more? Part of my problem of starting mapping was I had too large images but I'd started, and shrinking the pixel count means I have a lot of work in resmoothing things...

Edit: Heh if you click the images they look much better. Rookie mistake xD