Thread: Concetron (City Designer 3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I admire the work that must have gone into this map. Considering that CD3 is a week old,.. did you sleep much?

If your permit me a few critics i'd go like this:

1- If you placed you vegetation on a seperate sheet, i'd cut the length of the shadows a bit;
    2- There is far too few trees and space and parks and special features and special buildings, etc. There must be a castle or fortress in there somewhere. I'd suggest not using the CD3 provided buildings for those and i would draw then in black fill.
    3- For a very dense and fortified city like this one seems to be, i might have gone with a more dense development with buildings stuck together.

But that might not be the look you were going for so...it's all well.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrakis View Post
    I admire the work that must have gone into this map. Considering that CD3 is a week old,.. did you sleep much?

If your permit me a few critics i'd go like this:

1- If you placed you vegetation on a seperate sheet, i'd cut the length of the shadows a bit;
    2- There is far too few trees and space and parks and special features and special buildings, etc. There must be a castle or fortress in there somewhere. I'd suggest not using the CD3 provided buildings for those and i would draw then in black fill.
    3- For a very dense and fortified city like this one seems to be, i might have gone with a more dense development with buildings stuck together.

But that might not be the look you were going for so...it's all well.

Pat
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for your comments.
    1. I am adding vegetation outside the city right now, so I will "play" with the shadows a bit.
    2. The city has almost no trees, that is correct. Most of the trees in this world have been cut down and there are small wars being fought over them. So trees and parks are luxuries even the rich cannot afford (or the poor would cut down for fuel and stuff). I admit there are too few special buildings, I will add some in the future. Also the city has seen a LOT of refugees in the last years because of fighting to the south, so spaces that were unused are now packed with buildings.
    3. I am going to create a real fortress city after this map and I will keep your comment in mind. Concetron is not really a fortress city. It has city walls and some fortresses, but it's not really defendable (there is far too much wall for the few hundred soldiers the city maintains).