Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid of Shadows

Hi, Neon! My co-GM and I decided to split our ever-growing group up into two groups today, and we were trying to figure out how to run with only one battlemap! You've provided the perfect solution. Thank you for your great work.

Thank you thank you thank you. Good Mr. Neon Knight Sir. I am running this series of adventures for my group and I've been looking for a map solution. I think you are it, for now.

I plan on gettin CC at some point, and trying to not rely on the kindness of strangers. However one question to you and whoever else would like to answer. How do you get these mugs printed out. Do you take the PosteRazor files to a kinkos or do you have a super neato printer available to you at your house(s)?

Well, I have a almost super neato Laser Printer at home, but I know some folks just go to Kinko's or Staples, and then there is GAMEPRINTER here in the Guild who runs a business specifically for this purpose.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Applicant

For me to print them, I load the file as an image into CC2 and then print over X by Y tiles of pages. Works pretty well. The squares don't end up exactly the right # of inches, but they get close enough.

F to the Y to the I: Neon Knight is the bomb.

Thanks Neon. Used some of the Thunderspire maps in wrapping that adventure up, and the players loved it. Going to download some Pyramidal goodness for the next session(s). Can't say enough good about your work. Another hearty thanks from another time-management challenged DM.

Thanks Again.

Question

As yet another GM with time issues who stumbled on this site, I must bow down before the might that is NeonKnight! These are really terrific. And with the posterazor, it takes just minutes to print and play. We're halfway through Thunderspire, but I'm going to have cool maps for all of PoShadows.

I do have two questions for the group:

Question 1 - if I loaded these cool maps in GIMP and changed things and then saved them again, would they STAY this big, or would they change sizes? I'd like to remove a couple of solids (like beds) to replace with the 3-d stuff I have in case the heroes toss a bed over or block a door. My players very amusingly blocked some of the mirrors in the Hall of Forced Introspection by ripping down the curtains.

Question 2

blah blah DON'T READ THIS SINCE WE DON'T HAVE SPOILER TECHNOLOGY blah blah

So we know the pyramid slowly reconfigures itself to match its inhabitants. The heroes are wiping out said inhabitants and leaving a vacuum, which we know is unstable. In my version, the pyramid is going to be a bit more dynamic. When my PCs extended rest, I plan on having unseen cleared areas of the pyramid reset into reflections of the characters' states. I currently have a warforged barbarian, an eladrin suicide ranger, a human archer ranger, and an elven shaman, giving me an interesting palette. I am asking the players for "homework" to give me a short description of their characters' favorite places, where they feel safe, the place they secretly think about but try not to, and the most interesting place they'd like to see. (I often ask weird things about characters, situations, or places to help me build in relevant scenes and images when I repurpose the module for my own use.) How hard would it be to change the coloring but not the layout of the maps to reflect the new reality?

First Thank You!

As to coloring....hmmmm...don't know exactly as I am not a 'Photo-SHop' Guru, but I think someone 'may' be able to answer your question.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

To change the color all you should need to do is adjust the Hue/Saturation/Brightness - in Photoshop this is fairly easy. I would imagine the same in GIMP or other raster-based software.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

A new layer of a solid color also works well, depending on what sort of blend modes you have available. I like Color mode and Hue mode the best in PS but Overlay mode can be okay.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

With Masterplan, these maps are excellent for use within the program. I thank you, good sir, for your hard work and look forward to future projects by you and others.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast