Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid of Shadows

And after Trollhaunt, they finally shifted to making maps utilizing the Dungeon Tiles.

I will takle maps that cannot be made using the dungeon tiles.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I can't believe they stopped making maps. As crappy as they were near the end, I much prefer them over the need to buy and assemble hokey tiles.

Ah well, thank goodness for you guys!

Any chance we can convince you to rethink that decision Neon (I'm assuming I'm not alone in this feeling)? Your maps are fantastic, and I would much prefer something I can print out and tape together rather than buying the D&D tiles and having them slip all over when I move the minis around on them.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't even play D&D but I wholeheartedly second that motion. Just make sure that you don't put them up for sale on GP's site or the suits will come after ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I think that secretly Neon wants to do the maps for Demonqueen!!

My players love your maps! Before the end of Thunderspire I drew the maps by hand with sharpies and straight edges. Starting with Tower of Mysteries your maps have greatly improved me and my players gaming sessions! I will continue to give you feedback as I will be using your mapping from PoS next. Keep up the great work! I don't mind using the Dungeon Tiles for randoms, and I have lots of sets, but when I use them I find its better to set them up the evening before we play, and cover them up. With printed maps it gives me the luxury of simply placing an entire Encounter Area (or areas) down very quickly, and it perfectly compliments my DM Adventure Book, as with tiles it takes me quite a while to set them all out and arrange them and then tape them together (with no-stick photo tape). I can't wait to see how my players react to the new maps! I run my sessions as tightly to the H1-H2 modules as possible, and we have an extremely Mini-focused encounters, your maps will only continue to enhance our games! Thanks a million times over!

I agree that Neon secretly wants to do Demon Queen...after he's done Trollhaunt. My players are approaching the end of Pyramid now (almost done level 2), and I'm looking forward to continuing the use of his maps. I've never used the dungeon tiles, but that's because I didn't want the hassle of finding them, then trying to piece together a room, then keeping it together...

And then what if you need some of the tiles for the next encounter? It just slows things down. Much better to use the maps.

He's great at commission work, is all I have to say!

Thank you, Thank you!

I'm so glad I found this. I'm currently running people through this adventure

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast