i propose that we create a grand City in a generic fantasy world where the history of every building, who built it, what skills and architecture style techniques he had access to and for what purpose he built that building and possibly why this person or his family is part of this city.

I hope I can facilitate a nice city building project for fun and public prosperity. As this fun is so much more fun if everyone can play with it change it, levee out what they think is silly or even put parts of it in there own publications and games. I also propose that each contributor to this threat mark it at one time with public domain license (CC0) for his/hers contributions to be incorporated in this (CC0) City. Even if it is not required by this license to attribute a copy of the work, then it is honorable. But pretending that you did work that you did not do is still not permissible. Any material that you post under this license is still your work and you can license it under a different license at a different time whenever you like. We will start by making the city in the early days, and then go decade and decade into the future. Recreating the city and its characters on the way. The (CC0) License will allow anyone to use any of the characters so anything you post must be your own creation.

This is my start, it is a regional town and later a garrison fortress, it is not the capital on any empire, but subject to different ones at different times. Perhaps the center of a Kingdom at some time in future. Perhaps even the seat of an Arcane King from time before written scrolls in modern tongues, long abandoned with some obscure ruins but resettled now at founding the date.

The first Question

Did the first buildings of the early town originate as
1. Place of commerce, a market where traveling merchant from different areas traded with the local people
2. Place of worship of the a. Holy tree b. some wild animal (insert spices) c. ancestral shrine d. other
3. Place of industry, where local people came to exploit a natural resource to produce tools, glue, and make trade goods.
4. Place of justice, where people where put to death for there crimes, with a small garrison and threat of rebellion by local people for injustice endured.

The second Question is the starting time frame.
The first decade of the city, what time frame would the founding of the city have to our current world, is it at a time culturally when people where building the Pyramids, is the building of them pyramids long time in the future or are they forgotten ruins with obscure legends by now?

Possible Future events that mark the decade change:
- Marching army camps and grand battles
- Falling and rising Empires, Riding Hordes and Prospers Kingdoms all around
- Chaining Trade-routs
- Religious cults and conflicts, nature worship and heathens and all the other things...
- Many Cultures around and Diasporas from fare away areas