Thread: Anyone interested in digitizing a hand drawn map?

Map [Closed] Anyone interested in digitizing a hand drawn map?

Hi there!

First off, please excuse my english, it might be a bit rough around the edges; it's not my first language. Additionally, this is my first post here - if I forget anything, please point it out!

I'm looking for a cartographer who is interested in turning a hand drawn map into a digital version. My group played many years with this map, and because some of our sessions are online, I'd like to have a digital map.
    Here are the details, and please ask freely if you need any kind of further information.

Commission

Paid. I really don't know about the rates - as stated above, I'm really new to this. I can't afford that much, but I'm willing to spend anything to a maximum of roughly 50$, Paypal preferred. I think a first half upon accepting the commission and the other upon finishing would be fair? Everything is negotiable, of course.

Subject

As stated above, the map itself is already in existence, and drawn with a lead pencil on paper (not that surprising, I guess). It spans a part of a continent - who knows, maybe it will get expanded to a whole world map in a few years? The map itself stretches over two 300x420 mm sheets (about 11x16 inches, i think) and is pretty horizontal.
    Due to the quality of my equipment, I can't really provide a good picture of the map right now, but of course I will provide a photo, and if that isn't enough, a scan of the map, as soon as a cartographer shows interest.
    There are deserts, woods, mountains, plains, lakes, coastal areas, ocean... Pretty much standard stuff (though there are some big canyons in the east, but that's just detail).
    Also, there are towns and settlements, which should bear a name on the map. Same goes for some general areas.

Style

I'd prefer a pretty minimalistic look, nothing too colourfull. In fact, a style like the classic Middle Earth map like this one http://www.tolkien.co.uk/file/IfbTdA...8c691eb83d.jpg would be just perfect. I wouldn't mind some colours, but I think that would just eat up some time and raise the price of this map (my funds are tight as a bachelor student), so it's not really necessary.

Quality and Size

The map doesn't really need much detail, a minimalistic look will be just fine. I don't really have experience with the formats those maps are produced, so I can't really give any more information other than "It should not be pixelated".

Time

I don't really have some constraints - maybe 4 to 6 weeks would be nice.

Copyright

I don't plan on using the map to make profit, it will be solemly for private use. I don't mind the cartographer signing his work with his signature or whatever, and of course he can use his work, if he likes. He will of course get credited.

Contact

If you are interested, or need any kind of information, you can of course reply right here, write a PM (I don't know if thats possible though, I am quite new to these boards) or email to phillip.wauter-at-gmail.com (-at- is of course @). I am happy to answer any kind of question you might have, or to provide a picture of the map if you consider taking the commission.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TheDarkestLink; 02-21-2015 at 02:48 AM.