Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar Lite Challenge: : Fractal elements

Nice, that would do very nice "science fiction compasses".

Guild Artisan

After the 90° and the classical 45° compasses, I wanted to try my hand on a rarer 30° in an old and ornemental style.
    I must say that I was happy to hit the warm, old gold color that I imagined.
    Also, interesting (and unexpected) detail - if you look at the ornementation, you will see a face with black eyes and a golden helmet with cheek guards
    It would have taken only a little editing to turn it into a real face but I wanted to keep the fractal pure.
    Of course if somebody wants to use it, he is free to show the hidden face (or is it a skull ?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compashyp.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	951.2 KB 
ID:	71175 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CompasV4.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	71176 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compas12branches.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	71177

Wow, that gold compass is gorgeous. Well done!

Guild Artisan

Thanks ChickPea. I am going to try now some tiling - something I have never done.

Looking good ! The blue/white is my favorite. The gold one seems very organic. Reminds me of an electron microscopic photo of a spore or virus. Totally cool ! By the way you need to put (### latest wip ###) in front of your photos so the scrubber will pick it up to post as challenge thumb nails. Also it only picks up the first one so they might need to be combine just before the deadline so they will all be visible.
    Last edited by lostatsea; 02-28-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Artisan

I think I got the workflow now. However I have a problem - as I did the selection, I couldn't decide between the following 2 decorative tilings and I want to keep only 1 in the challenge.
    Can you help me by saying which one you like better ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tile-spiral.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	71287 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tile-disc1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	71286

Lostatsea, do you mean that when I have my 6 elements done, I have to put all of them in a single image ?
    This would be a horror because fine tuning resolution is an important part in fractal creation and if I put all 6 in one image, the resolution will be horrible.

...Studio 54 meets cartography ... Very nice tiles Deadshade! I like both a lot, and personally prefer the colours and patterns of the first one. But i think the second one has a clearer design and colour palette and so is better suited for the challenge... good luck!

I find it hard to pick too. I agree exactly with Abu Lafia's comment above, about both the colours and the design. They're both really pretty though. Good luck choosing!

I'm with them, both are cool, hard to pick, right one may be more useful for mapping.

The thumbnail scrapper will only pick up one image. If you are presenting more than one they all need to be together for the pickup.
    It is ok to post the items individually and then post the composite with the Latest WIP thing, that's what most of the voters will look at.

Deadshade : From the rules it isn't mandatory just a suggestion. Good luck and looking good !
    Make anything you want to, anything that can be used to create a map. You can make up to 6 versions of your item, or 6 different items, but just one is OK too.
    You can include a little mini map to show your item in use, and if you have multiple objects you want to enter, then use the Latest WIP thingy on your mini map at the end so everyone can see all your objects at the same time when they are voting. But be sure to post each item individually for downloading purposes.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast