Thread: The World of Eternis

Wip The World of Eternis

Hello all!

I am mapping a phantasy world for a project which began in 2004. It started with a single contintent, but now I`ve decided to map a whole world for it. Allthough this is all phantasy, I want to have it believable. For this purpose I`ve thought about climate zones and wind directions with one of my brothers. The rivers are not set yet, but I want to define the basics like the location of mountains, deserts, rain forests etc. first.

The initial continent Thylis is already finished -> http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...l=1#post252952

I want to map all continents with this style but I`m also planning a better looking version for the total world -> The B/W concept shall not be the product of this project The purpose I am making this is because I`m planning to write a novel and maybe I can use this world setting for other projects too.

What do you experts think of this world? What would you suggest to change/add? Thanks in advance for your comments

Overview of the climate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eternis Climate.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	71105

Overview of the winds

Name:	Eternis Winds.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	71106

The current vegetation (still WIP and trees off scale compared to mountains)

Name:	Eternis Concept.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	71107
    Last edited by Kelron; 02-23-2015 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo