Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Map in Progress...

Nice canyon walls. Why would it be so wide, though, rather than hugging the river?

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Nice canyon walls. Why would it be so wide, though, rather than hugging the river?
    Hey there

Good question! Now I have to figure out a way to answer this without getting deep into lore... hmm...

Okay... In a nutshell... The realm initially came to its overall form apart from natural processes (e.g. erosion, tectonics, etc), rather than through them.

To elaborate a bit... Rhuenn was created quickly, and rather violently, in the cross-streams of powerful, colliding energies. Kinda like a pearl forming at the heart of an oyster... but on a much, much larger and more violent scale. Worlds forming in such a way is a rare occurence in my setting - with various outcomes - but not at all unique.

So, while certain natural processes shape the world "now", and will into the future, they played no role in its initial creation. However, the forces that created the realm have had a lasting effect on it, and its inhabitants... which plays an important role in the story of the game I'm creating it for.

So, to answer your question specifically... The river flowing there had nothing to do with that "canyon" area's creation. It was there before any river even existed yet. It just happened to be the "path of least resistance" for the river flowing down from the N.

Hopefully that makes enough sense :p

I'm actually surprised I was able to simplify it that well lol. There's a lot more to it than that, and I usually suck at summarizing things.

Go me! :p
    Last edited by MiToVo; 02-27-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12