Thread: World Map in Progress...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip World Map in Progress...

So, I'd originally posted about this map over in the General section, but then remembered there was an area of the forums better suited... So I'm moving it here..

You can see the original thread here, if you want to see the original map and discussion thread (not many posts there). I'll include the original map (though I've altered the landmass a bit since then, but it's mostly the same).

In summary, I've set up the base for a map, but am having trouble finding a way to fill in the map details that I'm happy with. I'm going for a more "iconic" look, something in the vein of a Tolkien-esque look.. but not exactly like that.

Anyway, in that thread, chick recommended I first rough in where the different features would be (mountains, etc). So, that's the stage I'm at now.

The new image here shows a very coarse "block out" of roughly where I expect certain biomes to be, etc. Some of the areas are all-inclusive under a single color; for example, all types of forest (alpine, deciduous, dead, etc..) are under the same color...

The specific 'shape' and location of some regions will very likely change, as the game this is for is going to be a zone-based RPG, so I might have to shift mountains around and such to make the borders between areas work a bit better.

Anyway... any thoughts/feedback are welcome.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Climates.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	71114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flattened.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	71113  
    Last edited by MiToVo; 02-23-2015 at 09:05 PM.