Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenma House on Peng Li

Map Tenma House on Peng Li

This is a PS painting of various combined hand drawn elements.
    It's a combination of architectural drawing and that structure's place on the map.
    This references back to a previous map [last one - Peng lI - Island of the Moon] posted here - http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...-set-maps.html

Tenma House lies on the eastern shore of the SuMiHan peninsula on the western end of Peng Li, the Island of the Moon.
    Built by a lost sailor from far off Cardemir, it stands alone between the town of SuMi and the city of HoFan, looking north out upon the Gulf of HoFan and the far fabled lands of Taolan. It's builder, Corvedir, and his love, far islander Tal'enha, ended their long lost voyageon the legendary Island of the Moon after years lost out on the vast Qai'dran Sea.
    His ship, the Long Bow, was of designed by his father, a master ship builder in the port city of Mir-Saladem in western Cardemir.

Corvedir sailed the Long Bow, his father's last ship, as a merchant trader on the Cardemin Sea regularly dealing in trade with Minpara and tribes from Memkizan and Junghin on the northern edge of an ancient empire.

A voyage to the misty lands of Qalash lead to misfortune when the Long Bow was set upon by Qalabar pirates and Zoltari fighters. To evade them, the ship headed south into unfamiliar waters and was not seen again for fifteen years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tenma House 01d [lo].jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	69058

Very pretty. Are you going to do a plan view of he house?

Beautiful! Neat story, too. And I second Larb's question.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thanks Sap, Larb, Max and Chashio.
    Chashio - Glad you liked the story. I don't often get response on the story parts.
    Writing up backstory for maps and buildings is a long and comprehensive task. I usually have way more backstory than I put up.
    For example, this one had 6 pages of backstory and 1.5 pages of names and places relative to the different locations talked about.
    Which then gets condensed into a much shorter blurb version for online.

Well, Larb and Chashio... I hadn't originally planned on it but I might try too work on that this weekend.
    I have a general idea of the internal plan and overhead layout but not any nailed down specifics.
    Might make for an interesting new project. We shall see.

Do you have plans for all of that story building or is it just something you like doing alongside the maps?

I usually have a lot of backstory to go along with my maps but I mostly don't post it unless people ask. I do like reading that sort of thing though.

Chashio - Not sure I understand your question. ?? Any chance you could rephrase that?
    Larb - Why not? I put up some even if no one asks.

Oh, forgot to add... I was working on that floorplan but I have had some interruptions.
    May get back to it today if situations allow.
    Last edited by - Max -; 11-17-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Merging double post

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Chashio - Not sure I understand your question. ?? Any chance you could rephrase that?
    Are you building up all of the story stuff for writing a book or maybe as backstory/intro for game settings? Or is it just something that springs to mind when you're drawing the maps to help give them structure and reason in their creation? Just curious if you have plans for them... perhaps something I can look forward to seeing/reading in the future.

Chashio - Some of it is a process I often go through. I almost always have some imagining of story when I draw or map something.
    But most of the current stuff I've worked on is coming from larger story lines in my head, or in some cases written.
    I have several larger stories that most of the current work fall into.
    This one being the world of Luma, which started as a story world for a particular character and has grown beyond it's original purpose.

It is my intention to produce that as a full work at some point. I just have too many things going at the same time.
    I currently have over 100 pages worth of backstory on Luma and various maps/diagrams.
    But in the middle of working on that I foolishly started an entirely new world and wrote some 60 or so pages of story regarding that world.
    I'm too long-winded.

I have long wanted to create material for game settings - be they pen and paper rpg or video game environs. That would be awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast