Thread: -falls in- I'm easily frightened.

Default -falls in- I'm easily frightened.

Hello everyone! I'm Ashkir! I'm new here but I've been lurking around the Cartographers' Guild for years. I like making maps in my free time and I've done some amazing ones, mostly thanks to your guys' amazing tutorials! I did figure out some techniques on my own that I feel are better for me then your tutorials (I just found shortcuts to get the same effect). Other ones your tutorials are amazing places to learn and find what works for me and getting me to make them into muscle memory.

I made a few for fun then I started getting people to ask me to make some for them.

Here are some examples of my maps:

A good friend of mine just got me a Wacom Tablet that arrives Wednesday. I'm excited to use ti to learn to draw and draw more maps. Tips appreciated.

I'm easily frightened and scared. But, I'm docile!
    Last edited by ashkir; 02-24-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Banned User

Hello Ashkir, welcome to the Guild! I'm excited to see what you can do with the new tablet!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected CaptainJohnHawk's Avatar

Welcome to the guild! Those are some nice maps to start. My biggest tip is style. All parts of the map need to work well with one another. So if you have a hand drawn map feel, the labels should compliment that style. Similarly with font. Your font plays a huge role in holding a map together.
    These things just come with practice, and I think you are on a great path
    Also Wacom tablets are great. If you haven't used one yet, you are in for a treat.

Cheers
    Capt.JH

Thanks all! I just got the tablet just now! And I got a job offer today too! Great day! Really great day!

This is my first sketch on the tablet. It's not much and bad. But, I gotta get used to it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by ashkir View Post
    Here are some examples of my maps:
    I just wanted to say that your map of the Eastern Lands was fantastic! (I do think you should add Pirate's Swoop, but I am pretty biased )

Good luck with your tablet! Excited to see what you create next!
    -Kanani