Thread: First Cartography Attempt...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have you thought about trying the dark orange but light colored sea? I would think that would give the sea a neon-ish look. Might be a bit much but you can always darken the sea down again. Actually, all of the maps look great so far. :-)
    Unless otherwise stated, all my works are protected under CC BY-NC-ND.
    Photo Album : http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=88001

I am by no means an expert myself, but looking at it, I was wondering about the mountains/ hills, specifically, the topmost two. They seem slightly disconnected to me, especially the one slightly to the right. I don't know whether or not you'd like how it came out or if this is even necessarily a good idea, but it would be a bit more realistic to have some kind of mountain/ hills between them and the others. Not necessarily big ones. But, as I said, it's a matter of taste and artistic liscence and all. Plus it's a nit-picky little detail.

Also, maybe try something a bit darker and with a tad more green for the ocean? Maybe seperate the inland bodies of water if you want them more blue, if you can.

Oh, and I forgot to say that it looks good so far. I like it.
    Last edited by Lyre; 04-05-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Banned User

You have a good start. Experimenting with colors and textures is good, keep playing with them until something grabs you