Thread: Aloha from Hawaii!

Post Aloha from Hawaii!

Hi Everyone,

After viewing some of the other welcome posts I couldn't resist saying hello! I stumbled across the Cartographer's Guild by chance and I'm so glad that I did! What a talented and passionate group of artists!

Although I have published in the field of academic writing, I recently finished the first draft of my inaugural sci-fi/fantasy novel and I am knee deep and thigh high in round one of the revision process. Until this point, I have tried not to get too excited that the finish line may soon become visible, but as I begin to prepare letters to editors things have gotten real incredibly fast! In fact, with publication as a realistic end goal I am now allowed to day dream about cover art, genealogy charts, and MAPS.

That being said, I have never had much of a love of maps (probably because I am not skilled in the slightest at distance, time, space, or directions), however, recent hours spent perusing the numerous portfolios on your site have caused a 180 in my opinion. These are not merely maps, they are incredible works of art! I want in!

I look forward to learning basic craft and attempting to draft a map of my own world, but I am even more excited to eventually commission the real deal from one of you. I am a whole-hearted subscriber to the mantra "Nothing worth its value should ever be cheap," so I look forward to determining what kind of budget I will need to prepare for my 2015 world map commission.

Thanks again! And nice to meet you all!
    -Kanani

Banned User

Hello Kanani, welcome to the Guild!