Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Tarantia

Thanks Ascanius! If I recall well, your waterfall city is an ambitious project. Speaking for myself, motivation comes and goes... maybe you'll continue it later?

Some tests about statues. Does it works?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarantia G.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	72147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarantia D.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	72148

The horseman(?)-statue in the large rectangular fountain in the eastern part of the city looks really good. It's nice to see, that you decided to put some more market-stands in other places, it makes the overall city very lively.

By Abu Lafia
    The horseman(?)-statue in the large rectangular fountain in the eastern part of the city looks really good.
    Oh great! If you can guess that one, that's very comforting. At this size, I was afraid to be the only one to know what the statues represent.
    Some more marquees and fountains. I'll probably add some more statues and fountains soon, and some dirt in the streets.

Views:	46 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	72160Click image for larger version. 

Views:	45 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	72161

This is really coming along Ilanthar. Looking very good. I like all the statues. It adds a lot.

I'm getting carpal-tunnel in both my hands checking out the little details in your work! The fountains and statues, market stands and all these little yards all over the town! I admire your tenacity.
    And yes, there must be dirt!!! I already missed that

Thanks! Some more statues and a few tests : an arena and some catapults... Don't know if those really works.

By MstrWelf
    I'm getting carpal-tunnel in both my hands checking out the little details in your work!
    I've circled the new elements. I wouldn't be responsible for hands problems !

ID:	72203Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	72204

And yes, there must be dirt!!! I already missed that
    I'm struggling with the dirt... as well as with the river boats and the amphitheatre...

Yeah, with the scale of your map, the river boats are probably going to be kind of small.
    What are your troubles with the dirt and amphitheatre?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks! Some more statues and a few tests : an arena and some catapults... Don't know if those really works.

I've circled the new elements. I wouldn't be responsible for hands problems !

ID:	72203Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	72204

I'm struggling with the dirt... as well as with the river boats and the amphitheatre...
    Loving the detail work with the statues and everything else. I think the Amphetheater could be bigger, and you might want to show the stadium seating (or the impression of it) and the sail cloth is usually on the inside of the arena to shade the spectators. I don't know if the catapaults work, they look like cars with doors open.

By J.Edward
    What are your troubles with the dirt and amphitheatre?
    I think I've found my way for the amphitheatre. For the dirt, I have problems to get something between "covered by dirt" and "too faint or yellow". Oh, and thanks for the rep btw!

By Ascanius
    I think the Amphetheater could be bigger, and you might want to show the stadium seating (or the impression of it) and the sail cloth is usually on the inside of the arena to shade the spectators. I don't know if the catapaults work, they look like cars with doors open.
    Thanks Ascanius! There's no amphitheatre on the previous picture. It's a basic arena with some seats under the cloth. I agree with you about the catapult, hence my question, and now, I can only see cars with open doors

Here's a test about the amphitheatre and another about a boat. I think I really have to improve this last one.

Name:	Amphitheatre.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	72215 & Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RBoat.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	72216

Update with (I think) all statues/fountains/marquees... And a test on the dirt in the slum part (upper left).

Views:	49 
ID:	72238Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	72239

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast