Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably my first mal I worked on digitally, too

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Default Probably my first mal I worked on digitally, too

EDIT: Map, not mal. Sorry -.-

Hey guys,

I just recently found a map I made yeeeeears ago, probably the first map I made using digital mediums, too. I lined everything on a big sheet of paper and made the texturing and color digitally. Since this is my first map I made this way (probably in 2009) I never shared this anywhere - but maybe someone is interested. I learned a lot since that day, so many things looking weird on that map for my eye now (and you are allowed to make fun of it)

Hope you like it anyways, it's been a while since I last posted. This way at least it looks like I'm doing something (really, I actually am but I'm not allowed to show it yet - don't like the waiting...).

Cheers, Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karte-ALT,-Belichtet-(WEB).jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	71192
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 02-27-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Very intriguing style, I just went back and looked at some of my first maps... there is no way I would post them. They are not nearly this good.

Yeah, Aventurien! Sehr schöne Karte ! Let me guess: You made it for the "Piratenkampagne"... The zoom in on the "Meerenge von Charypso" is great.

Thanks Domino44! Well, I made some maps manually before, but never mixed media. This is kind of the first in this regard, I did more and more since then purely digital.

Glad you like it Abu Lafia, it wasn't made for an official adventure, just for some friends over at Orkenspalter. Have you played there or were you just guessing? =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 02-26-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Many years ago, we started the campaign down there (it was pretty much one of the first DSA-Sandboxing campaigns, so its not a "fixed" / official adventure), but never went too far. If we had such a great map back then, we might have been more motivated to conitinue . Recently we started playing DSA again. This time its in the "Tulamidenlande"...

PS: the guys over at "Orkenspalter" are doing great work for a lot of years now for the community.

Hehe, the coastlines are funny (and looks like, well... my old coastlines ). The labels, informations and the compass are already very good!

Banned User

This is really pretty amazing, so full of detail and interesting bits of everything I really like it!!

@Ilanthar: Especially the coastlines is something really hard to get right when you start with cartography. So much to think about when you do that usually. But yeah, fun times
    @chick: Thanks, I always liked it when you can find more than just the obvious on a map. =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Definitely better than my first digital maps which were... pretty awful.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks, Larb! My first manual drawn maps were horrible, too. =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast