Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
The temple, even not gleaming, were painted, often with Ochre, and other deep earth shades, with Bright Ornamentation, painted reliefs of the gods, feathered serpents (Kulkulkan/Quetzalcoatl), jaguars, etc

The grey temples we are familiar with, is the modern, weathered temple with no upkeep. The paint has washed off, the temples were usually overgrown and dug back out from the reclaimed jungles.

So, color aside I like the Temple.
Good to know, NK - I hadn't realized you were an archeaology major. Simulating the gleam of mica in the ochre and brightly colored Kulkulkan relief is something I could try. It will take some careful texturing to look right, though.

Initially I was planning to create a jungle enshrouded temple complex ruin, but the more I think about it, the better to simulate a mayan structure under current habitation - or in "like new condition," so I ought to get the colors right, shouldn't I.

I was planning not to do something of the scale of Teotihucan, rather more like the more obscure and smaller sites in the southern Yucatan, around the Mexico/Belize border area. Something with a population of only several thousand.

Regarding the 3/4 view, I guess my goal is not truly a "map" so much as an aerial view over the temple complex, as you might find in an illustration site overview. However, then I can create true top down battlemap of corridors within structures located in the 3/4 view complex map.

I'll check out those links again, thanks for the tip, NK!

GP