Thread: Early medieval fantasy land.

Default Early medieval fantasy land.

Designing a fantasy setting, rpg system etc, and would like a map to bring a touch of depth and realism into it.

Commission:
    I don't have a formal budget, I'm making a RPG system/setting as a hobby.
    However I know the time this could take, so I'd like to see what I can do.

Subject:
    I'm after a map covering part of a continent, zoomed out enough to cover several small kingdoms but still have small towns, (villages?) also listed.

I've roughly mapped out the area with a hex tool. The area I'm after would be a little smaller than this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mymap.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	941.6 KB 
ID:	71477
    (I also just realized that a section in the middle has changed since I made that, I would obviously make a correct version, for proper reference.)

Note that I'm not 100% beholden to that map. I know where key element are in relation to each other, but new features are welcome and can easily become part of the lore of the land.

Style:
    The technology level of the setting is roughly 7th century European. (With a magic system based on spirits)
    A hex map is perfectly good for my reference as a GM, but doesn't sell the period. I want a map to show, that characters of that land could have seen.
    So I'm after a style that feels old, even slightly imprecise. (A slightly sketched hand drawn style, emulating the lack of good map making back then would be beautiful.)
    The map doesn't have to go right to each corner either, it's a map of what they know, not what's there.

Quality and Size:
    Quality is good enough to show players and evoke period, also printable. As for size, honestly not certain. The proto-map I have is landscape, but the ability to but it on a GM screen would be nice.
    So willing to listen to suggestions here.

Time Restrictions:
    None

Copyright:
    -I'd like to have the copyright, as this is a personal project. In the highly unlikely case of it ever getting published, I would contact.

As a new user, emailing will be more reliable than than PMing, seek me at elgenath@gmail.com

Thank you for reading, please consider.

I have now had responses from several cartographers.
    This already gives me plenty to think about, so I am now closing submissions

Now comes the difficult task of deciding which talented map maker to go with.