Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

These maps are amazing and really make me want to get CD3. The Zoutland one made me chuckle a bit. Is it by chance based off of Megiddo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    These maps are amazing and really make me want to get CD3. The Zoutland one made me chuckle a bit. Is it by chance based off of Megiddo?
    Thanks, and no, it is not based on Megiddo. I never heard of that name before and had to Google it. So Megiddo is a hill where many battles took place, Zoutland and Megiddo have that in common I guess
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Megiddo, aka Ar Megiddo, where we get the word Armageddon. I watch way too much History Channel. Hrm, gives me an idea...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Thanks, and no, it is not based on Megiddo. I never heard of that name before and had to Google it. So Megiddo is a hill where many battles took place, Zoutland and Megiddo have that in common I guess
    Many battles because of it's key location which means it switched hands too many times to truly build up. They similarities are uncanny. Again good work though.

Post Fyi:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    These maps are amazing and really make me want to get CD3.
    FYI: Nomadic, CD3 is an add-on to ProFantasy's Campaign Cartographer 3, so you'll need that application as well. CD3 adds different toolsets that CC3 does not have on its own. Plus lots other stuff too.

In case you'd really like to try out, CD3 - I was sure you weren't aware.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    FYI: Nomadic, CD3 is an add-on to ProFantasy's Campaign Cartographer 3, so you'll need that application as well. CD3 adds different toolsets that CC3 does not have on its own. Plus lots other stuff too.

GP
    Well, it never hurts to point this out. I saw a post on the Profantasy forum yesterday from someone who just bought CD3 and was wondering why it wasn't working
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

I picked up a new project for 2009. The first ever city map I did in CD3 was Concetron:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2965

I am going to redo the map with the skills I picked up over the months. WIP below, this will probably be slow going.

*edit* I uploaded two versions. First is an export with PDF Creator. The second has been saved as a JPG from CD3. The second has better quality I think, but given the size of the map CD3 will probably soon start crashing when I save.

*edit 2* I am starting to like the first one better now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	concetron_nieuw1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	8889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concetron_nieuw2.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	8890  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-03-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post

GP
    Yea I looked it over and saw how it is an add on. I would love to try it but I don't have the money to afford it (now there's a contest prize I could go for heh).

I had a few hours to spare and this is the latest WIP. This map is going to take a lot of work, more work than any of my maps. My best bet is somewhere between 25-30 hours.

Name:	Concetron_nieuw3_small.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	710.4 KB 
ID:	8905  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-04-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Latest WIP below. Made some great progress today, but unfortunately holiday is over and I have to go to work again tomorrow

Name:	Concetron_nieuw4_small.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	906.2 KB 
ID:	8914  

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast